HEAL provides a framework of understanding and empathy to create communities and connections conducive to healing. Blu Matter’s HEAL Training is a 2-day experience equipping attendees with the knowledge and application to positively impact mental health in their work and community.
For questions and inquiries about this training please contact email@example.com
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Yoga instructors, personal trainers, coaches, crossfitters, physical therapists, anyone who wants to be an active supporter of their community.
Saturday, April 13 2019 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday, April 14 2019 – 9:00am-5:00pm
The Westin Harbour Castle – Toronto, ON
HEAL Training – $295 CAD
Blu Matter’s HEAL Training + Trauma Sensitive Yoga Training – $800 CAD (regular $990 CAD when completed separately)
Through a combination of theory and practice, we will cover:
- An in-depth understanding of the stigma and shame regarding mental health in our society, its damaging effects on societal and personal levels, and how we can effectively create change within ourselves and our communities;
- An understanding of issues of addiction, depression, and anxiety, their causes and effects, as well as paths to recovery and prevention;
- A practical path to suicide prevention and how to engage when someone may be at risk;
- Understanding the impact of the nervous system and breath on mental health, practical methods for utilizing body and breath work in regulation and healing;
- Attendees will gain practical steps to empower others in mindset habits and resilience strategies;
- Practical steps to embrace vulnerability and silence the inner critic;
- Mental health sensitive yoga classes, engaging mental health and trauma sensitive language, setting, and structure;
- Guidelines in creating mental health sensitive communities within classes, studios, and gyms;
- Addressing areas of concern for yoga instructors, trainers, physical therapists and other fitness professionals.